Zoom LTE Cat1 USB Industrial Cell Modem, Unlocked, AT&T and PTCRB Certified, Model 4630, for Raspberry Pi and other Linux devices, Mac, Windows and More
On Sale Now! Save 3% on the Zoom LTE Cat1 USB Industrial Cell Modem, Unlocked, AT&T and PTCRB Certified, Model 4630, for Raspberry Pi and other Linux devices, Mac, Windows and More by ZOOM TELEPHONICS at Andy Pemberton. MPN: 4630-00-AZ. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Model 4630 is an AT&T and PTCRB certified industrial USB LTE Cat 1 (10 Mbps) and 3G cell modem for use with Raspberry Pi , other embedded devices, and systems running Linux, Mac OS or Windows . It is not supported for Internet access by consumers The Model 4630 features high-performance RF, antennas and power supply design which results in significantly better performance than consumer-grade USB cell modems. Two SMA antenna jacks allow easy connection to fixed or movable antennas. Control
Product Description & Reviews
Model 4630 is an AT&T and PTCRB certified industrial USB LTE Cat 1 (10 Mbps) and 3G cell modem for use with Raspberry Pi , other embedded devices, and systems running Linux, Mac OS or Windows . It is not supported for Internet access by consumers The Model 4630 features high-performance RF, antennas and power supply design which results in significantly better performance than consumer-grade USB cell modems. Two SMA antenna jacks allow easy connection to fixed or movable antennas. Control options include AT commands and Java code that can be loaded on to the modem and executed from non-volatile memory. A protocol stack is included in the device. Model 4630 is a small plastic-cased unit with a wall mounting option, and comes with a USB stand. With its high-performance industrial design and AT&T, regulatory, and PTCRB certifications, Model 4630 provides fast, predictable time to market for system designers. Machine to machine connectivity can be done with minimal up-front cost. Model 4630 is designed, produced and supported in the USA by Zoom Telephonics, Boston, Massachusetts. Voice-call, e-mail, and user forum technical support is limited to qualified engineers, programmers, and system developers.
Features & Highlights
- This cell modem is designed for engineers, programmers, and system integrators working on machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) systems. (Other customers are not supported.) Get your design done and deployed fast by using a programmable modem with full AT&T M2M certification and access to very low cost cell service plans.
- With LTE Cat 1 and 3G, this USB modem's speed is up to 10 Mbps downlink and 5 Mbps uplink. It features high-performance RF, antenna, and power supply circuitry and a Gemalto ELS61-US PTCRB-certified cellular data module. Model 4630 comes with two external antennas that screw into SMA connectors. Consult Zoom regarding a U.FL antenna option.
- This USB modem works with cell plans from AT&T and T-Mobile, but not Verizon or Sprint. It does not come with a cell plan, but for evaluation you can get a micro-SIM and cell plan from AT&T, T-Mobile, resellers of AT&T and T-Mobile M2M/IoT plans, and some other service providers. (A 500 KByte AT&T IoT data plan is currently $0.99 per month.). A multitude of low-cost M2M/IoT plans are available.
- This cellular modem is controlled via AT commands through its USB port, and also supports the ability to run on-board Java code that can be developed on a PC and then loaded into non-volatilve memory on the modem. The Java platform supports a flash file system and RAM for user applications. Model 4630 includes a built-in Protocol Stack, transparent and non-transparent TCP/UDP client and server, HTTP/DNS/Ping/FTP/SMTP client, and TLS support for TCP/UDSP/HTTP/FTP/SMTP.
- Unlike consumer USB cell modems, this industrial cell modem gives reliable performance even in difficult cellular environments over the range of -30 to +60 degrees C (-22 to 140 degrees F). Power handlng is more robust and external antennas are higher performance than consumer grade products. Designed in the USA, this modem comes with USA support by skilled engineers for qualified customers. All qualified customers get email support, and qualified volume customers get voice call support.
|Item Weight:||0.2 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 0.56 x 0.56 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.06 x 1.25 x 1.25 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Multi-Tech Systems
mpn: MT5656ZDX, ean: 0801947291304,
By Wifi World
mpn: 43272-3506, ean: 0698775008231,
mpn: H08-15328-DG, ean: 0071020078102,
mpn: DCM-301, ean: 0776457581514,
mpn: e303, ean: 0756406710738,
sku: 449147, mpn: USR5686E, ean: 0738168009312,
mpn: USR5638, ean: 0670515696847,
mpn: FLTR4DSL02, ean: 0789286808059,
mpn: USR5686G, ean: 0738168040995,
By Motorola -RB
mpn: SB6180, ean: 0099651934871,