SerialGear® USB to 8-port RS232/RS422/RS485 serial adapter
SerialGear® USB to 8-port RS232/RS422/RS485 serial adapter by SERIALGEAR at Andy Pemberton. MPN: USB-8COMi-RM. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The USB-8COMi-RM USB-to-Octal RS-232/422/485 Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on
By plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis.
The adapter is designed with eight external 4-pin dip switches to set RS-232, RS-422or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Each port can be independently set to RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485, depending on your requirement in application. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment.
The adapter can be also mounted to a 19 rack, and the rack mount kits are included with the adapter. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines. The USB-to-Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments. The USB-8COMi-RM USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
Features & Highlights
- Adds eight RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- No need to open chassis to set operation modes-eight external DIP switches for easy RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- SECC metal chassis with both DIN rail brackets and rack-mounting kits for flexible mounting
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- OS Compatibility:Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as Linux and Mac OS 10.X
|Item Size:||8 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches|
|Package Weight:||4 pounds|
|Package Size:||8 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches|