Product Description & Reviews
The unique materials used in the M-DISC requires a new disc drive technology to engrave data permanently. The M-DISC Duplicator have been designed and optimized to work with M-DISC as one to etch data into the permanent synthetic stone layers within the M-DISC. Archival-quality DVDs are known to randomly fail leading to permanent data loss. The major failure mechanism is rooted within the data layer, the very core of recordable DVD technology. This layer consists of organic dyes that are chemically altered when data is written. Information is "burned" into the disc by creating light or bleached spots. The data is the contrast between light and dark spots. However, the dark spots fade over time, nullifying the burning process. This is why natural processes corrupt the data on the DVD in just a few short years. The National Archives warns that the shelf life of a regular DVD is only 2-5 years The M-DISC is constructed of inorganic, synthetic materials that preserve data forever. These materials cannot be overwritten, erased, or corrupted by natural processes. It is as if data were etched in "stone." In addition to preserving data permanently, the M-DISC is designed to be backward compatible with standard DVD players. Once data is store on the M-DISC it is readily accessible using a common DVD players.
Features & Highlights
- Engraves and stores data for over a 1000+ years (M-Disc Ready Drives / Duplicators required)
- Data stored in an M-Disc is readable with current DVD drives.
- Composed of chemically stable and heat-resistant materials that are not used in any other DVD or optical disc.
- Cannot be overwritten, erased or corrupted by natural processes. Passed U.S. Department of Defense rigorous test.
- DVD+R 4X. 4.7 GB can store up to 8,000 photos, 240 minutes of video, or over 100,000 documents.
|Item Weight:||1.97 pounds|
|Item Size:||4.88 x 3.88 x 3.88 inches|
|Package Weight:||2 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.2 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.