Product Description & Reviews
Saitek continues to lead the market in innovative hardware for the sim enthusiast and just two years ago we launched the X-55 Rhino which continued a logical progression from the venerable X-52 Pro and the unique X-65F. The X-56 Rhino takes all of the feedback that we've received on the X-55 and improves on what was already a very well received product. We've also taken the opportunity to respond to changes in the market. In the two years since the X-55 was launched the simulation landscape has changed with the resurgence of the Space Sim genre; the peripheral market has also seen RGB LEDs become almost standard in high-end products. The Rhino tackles these factors head-on with the inclusion of two mini analog sticks which are ideal for the extra control surfaces present in space sims; and the inclusion of RGB backlighting allows you to match the X-56 with the rest of your rig. The mini analog sticks can be used for vertical, horizontal and lateral thruster control, making docking a cinch; gimballed weapons can be assigned making alternative aiming whilst maintaining spacecraft manoeuvrability much more achievable; you can even assign one of the sticks to function as a mouse cursor. With all of the controls that are now possible to be assigned, this now makes the X-56 even better for use in VR. In VR you need to ensure that all controls are under your fingertips because trying to find your real-world keyboard and mouse with a headset covering your vision is hard enough - knowing which keys you're hitting, even harder! The rest of the main features from the X-55 are retained - the F.E.E.L. adjustable spring tension mechanism; the throttle tension adjuster; the large stable bases which include mounting points for those placing permanently in their cockpit; it truly is the best HOTAS we've ever made.
Features & Highlights
- Military-grade Space and Flight Sim Precision: The X-56 Rhino delivers a multitude of customizable options including all the control surface options required to achieve the exact level of performance that aspiring combat pilots demand
- New Mini Analog Stick Control Surfaces: Control pitch, roll, yaw, backwards, forwards, up, down, left and right as well as gimballed weapons that are controlled separately from the space craft
- RGB Backlighting: Many PC peripherals now feature RGB backlighting and the X-56 is no exception. Use the software to set the color of the lighting to match the rest of your gaming rig
- Ideal for VR: The X-56 places controls perfectly under your fingers where subtle distinctions in button feel and shape help you navigate the control set with ease.
- Fully Featured HOTAS: Accurate 16-bit aileron and elevator axis with hall-effect sensors. Adjustable Stick Force via Advanced 4-Spring System. Twin Throttles with Friction Adjuster and Throttle Lock
|Item Weight:||2.48 pounds|
|Item Size:||8.9 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||7.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.9 x 10.3 x 10.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.