Product Description & Reviews
The IEEE 1394 interface is a serial bus interface standard for high-speed communications and real-time data transfer. The interface also is known as Firewire® by Apple®, and i.LINK® by Sony®. IEEE 1394 has replaced parallel SCSI in many applications due to lower implementation costs and a simplified, more adaptable cabling system. Many modern digital camcorders and computers have included this connection for home or professional audio/video uses. IEEE 1394 makes full use of all SCSI capabilities and has high sustained data transfer rates, a feature especially important for audio and video editors. IEEE 1394b (bilingual), also known as FireWire® 800, was designed for the next generation of high-performance storage devices and multimedia applications because it offers connectivity speeds of up to 800 Mbps; twice the speed of earlier Firewire® products. It features a 9-pin connector design and simultaneous connection of up to 60+ devices, real-time digital audio and video transfer, peer-to-peer device connections, plug-and-play installation, and hot-swap capability. It is backward-compatible with existing technology, ideal for current products as well as for newer IEEE1394b devices. IEEE 1394b cables are perfect for connecting your new devices to legacy 1394a ports.
Features & Highlights
- IEEE 1394b FireWire® 800 Cable, 9 Pin Male to 9 Pin Male, Color Black. Applications: digital camcorders, scanners, storage devices, printers, and other devices.
- 100% compatible with Apple® FireWire® 800 and all other IEEE 1394b peripherals
- Simple hot-pluggable plug and play connections, Data Transfer Rates up to 800 Mbps (limited by device/port speeds)
- Fully shielded for protection against EMI and RFI, Fully molded strain reliefs and connector ends for durability and long life cycle
- 1 Year Warranty. AYAGROUP® Registered Trademark
|Item Weight:||0.4 pounds|
|Item Size:||5.5 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.5 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.